Media Buyer – LA
The Media Planner/Buyer will coordinate media planning efforts in conjunction with our Media Supervisor and/or Associate Media Director. The Media Planner must effectively interact with clients, ie. Regional marketing staff, internal regional account teams and media strategy teams.
You’ll be a thought leader, recognizing innovative, game-changing ideas to solve our clients’ business challenges through highly integrated media plans. You will work directly with and support the Media Supervisors in their leadership roles in all advertising, marketing and business efforts for all assigned accounts. Qualified candidate must have experience creating, developing and executing cross-channel media plans and an eye for detail; ensuring work is client-ready and exceeds client expectations.
Expectations include but are not limited to:
- Strong communication skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work closely with Digital Team and Account Supervisors to facilitate department collaboration and growth.
- Set and meet deadlines.
- Great attention to detail.
- A passion for staying abreast the ever changing media landscape. Knowledge of the latest developments and trends in the industry and inform peers of such developments.
- Strong negotiating skills for all media types.
- Work with Media Account Supervisor/AMD in the development and implementation of media campaigns including most or all of the following: Local broadcast television (including cable), local radio, out of home, digital and print.
- Work as part of a media planning team, applying media solutions to overall client objectives
- Work with internal Interactive media team to integrate interactive objectives and strategies into overall plans
- As directed and overseen by the Media Account Supervisor/AMD, develop and present recommendations, evaluations, POVs and media analyses to clients and Account Service team. Travel as needed to meetings.
- Organize, implement and control the day-to-day media planning development process
- Supervise and train junior/assistant level employees as needed
- Complete assigned areas of the annual media plan(s)
- Coordinate projects and media requests with Account Service team and assigned client contacts to determine specific advertising needs, communicating deadlines to Media Supervisor
- Monitor media campaigns with Media Account Supervisor/AMD and when needed, have campaign performance meetings internally and/or with client
- Provide buying specifications, monitor development and review media buys and post-buy analyses
- Maintain media estimate process in conjunction with Account Supervisor
- Maintain media reporting needs for assigned markets
- Coordinate with the Account Service teams on understanding of current marketplace conditions, competitive spending or potential media opportunities
- A four year college degree or equivalent in marketing, advertising or a related field
- 3+ years media planning experience
- Demonstrated presentation and writing skills
- Ability to work autonomously or in a more team oriented environment
- Experience managing and coordinating inter-departmental efforts
- MS Office: Internet Explorer, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience or familiarity using industry media planning tools: Donovan/Media Ocean, Media Tools, MRI Research, TNS, DDS/Strata/DataTech, etc.
- Understanding of digital advertising preferred